[GSoC 2015] Project proposal

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Mar 21 08:07:04 PDT 2015

> On Mar 21, 2015, at 5:56 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> but we need to make some decisions first…

My plan was to figure this out in the first few weeks of the project.
If QtBt is sufficient that’s the way I want to go, as this doesn’t require
libdivecomputer changes.
We can get the data from the dive computer and then hand if off
to the parser. To me that is the far superior idea as it allows us to
completely control the interaction with the user without having to
wait for libdivecomputer API changes.

Only if QtBt is still too limited to implement what we need (which
I doubt) do I think we should try to add OS specific implementations
to libdivecomputer.