Asset Management and Presentation

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:09:01 PDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 6:08 PM, André Lourenço
<alourenco.94 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm André Lourenço and I'm pursuing a BSc in Computer Science in
> University of Évora, Portugal. I am interested in working with you in the
> "Asset Management" project for GSoC 2015. My main Language is C++ and I'm
> also experienced in C, Java and Python. I also know C# and JavaScript.
> I've been taking a look to Subsurface code, but I still didn't find where to
> start. Do you recommend to start somewhere specifically? Thank you.

Our general recommendation is to compile the sources and make sure
your tool chain is working. Then go look our bug tracker fore easyfix
bugs, working on bugs is probably the best way to get familiar with
the code. At the beginning it is better to look around for different
issues than to concentrate on a single feature. Then comes of course
the proposal. We do have quite a bit of information linked to our idea
list page, so make sure to read through them all...

miika