HighPressureLogger ... Re: Which protocol to implement on a home brewed diving computer ?

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Mar 26 05:18:11 PDT 2015

On 26 March, 2015 - "Paul-Erik Törrönen" wrote:

> > I wouldn't use a hp hose to connect the sensor with the 1st stage as it
> > increase the risk of failure. I think it's better to connect the sensor
> > to the hp port directly but place the rest of the electronic away from
> > it. so you can have a very tiny sensor and only one hp connection and
> > one O-ring. the 'logger' and battery can be place away at a place where
> > size is nit critical.
>
> Why not just splice the one HP port, put in a T-junction, one for the
> gauge and the other for the sensor. After all, you're not measuring the
> flow, but the pressure.
>
> As it was obvious in the pic-link that Anton sent, the second HP-port on
> the Apeks DST4 is very exposed to hits. This of course is a model-specific
> issue, but DST4 seems to be very popular as stage/bailout regset.

I've standardized my gear to use XTX50 and DST on my stage/deco/bail
regs. Easier to carry spare parts and servicing them. The downside is
the second hp position.

But with something like:
https://www.divegearexpress.com/regulators/adapters_osi.shtml#3431

Thats another story. Then you can keep your pressure sensor nicely
tucked away below the valve and regulator.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604