tags and multi dive edit

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun May 3 02:10:16 PDT 2015

On 02/05/2015 23:08, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I thought I had fixed this a while ago but I just had made it a little
> less broken...
> This morning I tried to figure out what semantics SHOULD be and then
> implemented just that.
>
> So you select multiple dives that have potentiall different tags. What
> does it mean if you then edit the one dive that is shown? I figured the
> most intuitive behavior would be this:
> - if the user adds a tag to the existing tags of the displayed dive, then
>    that tag should be added to the tags of all the selected dives
> - if the user removes a tag from the existing tags of the displayed dive,
>    then likelways that tag should be removed (if present) from the tags of
>    all other selected dives
>
> Two requests:
> a) is that indeed the correct semantic for this operation?
> b) could you test that what I implemented in master actually does this?
>
> Thanks
>
> /D
>
> PS: daily builds are up for those who can't build from source...
I did some tests of this feature with the latest git master. (Ubuntu 14.04)

After selecting dives from a trip I added a tag. No problem it was added
to all selected dives.
After selecting dives from a trip I deleted this new tag. No problem it
was deleted from all selected dives.
After selecting dives from more than one trip, I added a tag. No problem
it was added to all selected dives.
After selecting dives from more than one trip, I deleted a tag. No
problem it was deleted from all selected dives.
After adding a tag that was not present in the displayed tag, but which
existed in some of the other selected dives,
there was no duplication of tags.

The other fields with tag-like characteristics (dive master, buddy) did
not work in this way at all. Behaviour was unpredictable.

Kind regards,
willem