GSoC - Customizable print formats

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:48:56 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Long, Martin <martin at longhome.co.uk> wrote:

> On 7 May 2015 at 07:28, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> also GSoC wise, do you think the new printing code should enter master
>> while WIP or should it do so all at once when mostly done?
>>

> Just my 2c... I would favour doing it in a branch (or in this case in Gehads
> own github repo), and then merging in one go at the end, over macros. Gehad
> can frequently merge master into his branch to keep on top of changes.
> Macros could get messy.

However, if we want anyone to actually test this out, then I only see
one option - master. We need the new functionality in the daily builds
whenever there is something to test. I know we have also plenty of
people who are able to compile the master, but I wonder how many of
them would actually go ahead and compile another remote branch.

miika