Allow replanning of logged dives

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat May 9 06:56:43 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 11:20:40PM +0200, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here are two more patches I hope address your suggestions:
>
> > On 08 May 2015, at 19:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > So why would this be called "replan" instead of "edit dive“?
>
> This is easy and in patch 0001.

Hmm, "Edit dive in planner"
which begs the question... why ARE we editing the dive in the planner and
not in the simpler dive edit mode. I'm not saying this is wrong (and I'm
taking the patch), I'm just asking a questions...

> > And if a dive isn't planned but edited, then we shouldn't have the dive
> > plan language in the notes field (this happened when I clicked "save
> > new“).
>
> I am not sure if 0002 is what you had in mind. This keeps the old notes
> from the logged dive and adds the disclaimer and runtime table. Or do
> you want something entirely different than the runtime table?

This is 2/3 of what I was hoping for.
I was also thinking that if the dive points go all the way back to the
surface (which they most likely will when you just edited an existing dive
and didn't ask the planner to get you back safely), then we shouldn't add
the disclaimer and runtime table at all...

I took both patches since they improve things but I'm curious what you
think about my comments