GSoC - Customizable print formats

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue May 12 01:24:12 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 09:45:56AM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 7 May 2015 at 09:28, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dirk and others, what do you think - should we make this new library
> > dependency (Grantlee) optional like we do with Marble?
> > Should the printing be completely disabled if the user decides to
> > build with NO_GRANTLEE or should we fall back to the current Qt-only
> > based printing (creates bloat as we are going to have 2 printing
> > modules)?
> >
> > also GSoC wise, do you think the new printing code should enter master
> > while WIP or should it do so all at once when mostly done?
> >

> bump for two important questions.

Sorry

Yes, make it optional, please, and no, don't have two different print
subsystems

I would like the code to be treated like all our contributions to the core
of Subsurface - I prefer to get code early and often.

I prefer for the mentors to sign off on the code by the students, though.
That way I can see when you consider it ready to go into master.

Thanks