Allow replanning of logged dives

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue May 12 01:28:41 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> So the real difference is that when you edit a dive we normally want to be
> in regular edit more where you can edit notes, tags, buddies, etc.
>
> We can take this in two directions:
>
> a) allow both modes, edit and replan.
> Have consistent menues and add your clever algorithm that turns an
> existing dive into something the user can modify. In "edit" mode I'd keep
> a copy of the original divecomputer around and have an edited version
> added. This way we don't lose data.
>
> b) merge the two modes
> that might actually be the harder thing to do. Because we need to be able
> to switch between the planner stuff and the regular notes tab. And we
> still need to figure out what we do with a regular dive...
>
>> > This is 2/3 of what I was hoping for.
>> > I was also thinking that if the dive points go all the way back to the
>> > surface (which they most likely will when you just edited an existing dive
>> > and didn't ask the planner to get you back safely), then we shouldn't add
>> > the disclaimer and runtime table at all...
>>
>> This is addressed in the attached patch. It only adds disclaimer and
>> runtime table if the planner actually added stops.

Sorry if I come back on this. I feel a bit guilt to have triggered all
this work for my curiosity :)

Maybe a far much simpler approach could be just giving a numerical
indication of the missed deco (if any).

In other words, when I toggle the 3m ceiling button, if I violated the
calculated ceiling, it would be nice displaying the missing TTS as a
event/alert at the end of the dive or just a numerical indication on
the info panel...

I will show he current impl to a couple of hyperbaric docs next week.
It seems that having the choice to overlap the Bulhmann profile to a
real profile with our tissue/ceiling button is the icing on the cake
:)

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos