Issue with dive merge

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon May 18 01:00:41 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> On 18.05.2015, at 09:41, Christophe Démaret <christophe at demaret.eu> wrote:
>

> Expected: Dives are merged
> What actually happens: Nothing. Dives are not merged, no error message, no
> crash.
>

> Subsurface only merges dives with less than 30 minutes interval between
> them. Change the starting time of the dive 178 by a little bit and the dives
> will be merged.
>
> Maybe instead of silently failing, we should give an error message or better
> ask the user if she still wants to merge the dives? Is there a situation
> where we actually want to fail silently (e.g. merging many dives but amongst
> those one the ones that make sense?!?)

I vote for merging the dives, as the user has explicitly requested
this to occur. However, a confirmation dialog when the interval is
more than 30 minutes would make sense. Just make sure there are no
multiple dialogs when merging multiple dives.

I do not currently see any reason to silently fail.

miika