Eon Steel only downloading 16 out of 19 dives

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon May 18 10:51:38 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> That might be a good thing to implement as a "memory dump" function in
> libdivecomputer. That way users with future potential problems already
> have a tool to produce the debug data needed.

So with old-style dive computers libdivecomputer supports that dump
facility. But the EON steel really doesn't have a notion of a memory
dump that you parse to figure everyting out.  So while it would be
easy to dump individual dive files, for debugging things like "I don't
get all dives" you really would need to dump all the other
interactions with the dive computer. And that's just not how the
regular libdivecomputer dump support works.

It would be a one-off special thing for the EON Steel (or we'd need
some new libdc model for dumping the actual data packets going
back-and-forth).

                Linus