Subsurface interface with libdivecomputer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue May 19 01:50:07 PDT 2015

On 18/05/2015 15:31, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 01:35:01PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> The gas changes from my galileo dive computer are not automatically read
>> into Subsurface. As far as I can see, gas changes are logged and
>> interpreted by libdivecomputer. For instance, there is a
>> parser_sample_event_t type of SAMPLE_EVENT_GASCHANGE in libdivecomputer. In
>> fact there is a general lack of dive events being transfered from dc to
>> Subsurface. Would Subsurface notice these events if they were within the
>> libdivecomputer memory structures or is this something that still needs
>> implementation on the Subsurface side?
> We automatically read and interpret all events that libdivecomputer
> decodes - so I'm not sure how what you are reporting would be possible.
>
> Do you have access to that Galileo dive computer? Can you run the
> universal tool from libdivecomputer to dump a libdivecomputer dive.xml
> file? I'd be very surprised if that included a gas change event that
> wasn't present in Subsurface after you imported the same dive directly
> from Subsurface
>
> /D

Dirk you are absolutely correct. I ran universal after your last mail,
above, and the events are not shown in the xml, even though I see them
clearly in the binary dump. So the problem is on the libdivecomputer
side. At least I have eliminated Subsurface as the cause of the problem.
I should have run universal earlier.
Kind regards,
willem