Petrel 2 Download

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed May 20 03:48:36 PDT 2015

On 20 May, 2015 - Rick Walsh wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion but still no luck.  I tried rfcomm0,
> rfcomm1, rfcomm2 and rfcomm3.  All give:
> Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Connection refused

Thats not the rfcomm channel, its only which rfcomm device node you will
bind the channel to. The rfcomm channel syntax is:
rfcomm connect  <dev> <bdaddr> [channel]

I'd brute force the available ones from 1 to 31 and test. Usually rfcomm
have guessed (or assumed as 1?) the right one for me.

> I tried sdptool browse 00:13:43:0E:6B:D0 (after pairing was
> successful).  It gives a message saying it's opening or reading the
> device (I'm at work now and don't have the exact output).  Monitoring
> what's happening with bluetoothctl running on a separate terminal
> indicates it is attempting to connect, but drops it after a second or
> less - same as when attempting to connect within bluetoothctl or with
> rfcomm:
>
> [CHG] Device 00:13:43:0E:6B:D0 Connected: yes
> Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.NotAvailable
> [CHG] Device 00:13:43:0E:6B:D0 Connected: no
>
> I think I'll try finding a live distro tonight with Bluez version 4,
> rather than version 5 I'm currently using, to see if that helps.
> Googling suggests many people have had issues with 5.

I've only run the bluez4 stack. I've run it on ubuntu 15.04 as late as
of Sunday against my OSTC Sport.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604