Petrel 2 Download - user manual

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed May 20 05:01:15 PDT 2015

On 20/05/2015 13:40, Rick Walsh wrote:

> Willem, there's now a solution/workaround that works for me, but
> unfortunately it's a bit messy and I'm not sure if it will work the
> same on other systems.  I'll play around a bit more, testing my
> different bluetooth dongles (and onboard device) and perhaps different
> distros.  I'll see if I can write something for the manual this
> weekend or next week.
Thank you so much, Rick!
> Rick

Rick, Anton,

I am trying to get to a more general description for the user manual
that may cover Bluetooth in general. If you were prepared to think about
this, I would greatly appreciate it.

The information in the user manual for connecting Bluetooth devices is
virtually nonexistent. If you are prepared to briefly describe some
general procedures of connecting DCs that use Bluetooth (I am only aware
of OSTC and Shearwater). Are there some devices that connect easily?
What about the other OSs (Win & Mac)? What would a 'standard' way of
connection be on each OS? (I suspect there is no such thing as a
'standard' way)  Is the procedure for connecting Shearwater similar to
that of connecting OSTC? Are there similar problems with the OSTC?

You can give it to me in any way you wish to, telegram style is ok. I
will try and reformat the info in terms closer to layman's language
where possible and send it back to you for comment.

Kind regards,
willem