Suunto Eon 16/19 dives

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed May 20 14:22:17 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Linus Torvalds

> I'll try to figure out *why* those three dives fail to download. I
> suspect it's some issue where the length of the dive is just right to
> cause a packetization case that I don't handle right. I'll have to
> analyze those three cases more closely.

Yes.

The "receive_data()" function continues to try to read more data if
the previous packet was full - but in some cases the full packet
contained the final data, and receive_data() is just done and
shouldn't try to read any more.

The attached patch should fix it. Knock wood.

Dirk - can you make a nightly windows build with this, so that it can
get tested? The situation doesn't trigger with my dives, and while I
think I got it right...

                Linus