VPM-B Project - Report

Jan Darowski jan.darowski at gmail.com
Thu May 21 02:32:34 PDT 2015

About the Schreiner: yes, it is the same as Haldane on small segments.
I just want to keep it the same way as it's in the original algorithm
(also existing implementation I will test against, works on bigger
segments).

In fact most of the deco functions are declared in dive.h, when there
is something useful for both algorithms, I reuse it (mainly small
functions like plan_add_segment() etc.). But now, the main loop for
the current deco is inside planner. I think the planner should be
algorithm independent. So later, some things should be rearranged (for
better code structure).

One question: do we want to have both algorithms executed on every
diveplan or do we want to choose at some level that only VPM-B or
Buehlmann will be calculated? To be honest I've been thinking about
the second solution all the time but now it looks like the first is
better...