Suunto Eon 16/19 dives

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu May 21 14:38:41 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> subsurface.exe -version should show the libdivecomputer git hash...
> I'm somewhat optimistic that your first patch from yesterday is in the
> latest Windows build, but I haven't verified this, yet.

So I tried to force the "read ends on a packet boundary" by changing
the blocking size we use for reads. I can actually reproduce the

  ERROR: incomplete read interrupt transfer [in suunto_eonsteel.c:139
(receive_data)]
  ERROR: short command reply (-1) [in suunto_eonsteel.c:243 (send_receive)]
  ERROR: unable to read 0:/dives/54C2286A.LOG [in
suunto_eonsteel.c:321 (read_file)]

error case with that.

Its' not *exactly* the same thing that Guenther sees (end-of-file vs
file-read-block-size), but it's close. From a single command/reply
request standpoint it should be identical.

And my patch from yesterday fixes it for that case, so I somewhat
suspect that maybe the nightly build ended up using the normal
libdivecomputer branch, and didn't actually get that fix.

> I'm on it. And this time I'll verify that the Windows binary contains the
> correct libdivecomputer bits.

Well, with the logging improvements in that patch, it will also be
very obvious from the log output if the changes are there or not..

I do have a small cleanup patch that further improves the error case
messages, and that removes a now-unnecessary change from the first
patch. It's not really a big deal, and should not matter for this all,
but I'm attaching it just for completeness.

                         Linus