Petrel 2 Download

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sun May 24 04:09:10 PDT 2015

On 23 May, 2015 - Rick Walsh wrote:

> On 23 May 2015 at 07:15, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Asking Marcel (the bluetooth person), he suggested:
> >
> >    "Try something like “sdptool browse <bdaddr>” and see if it shows
> > you information about the SDP database. Most likely they are using the
> > Serial Port Profile (SPP). If “browse” does not work, try “records”
> > which will brute force the database"
> >
> > I don't know what the output would be, but if you can try that, it
> > might be a reasonable addition to some FAQ about "how to connect to BT
> > devices". Instead of trying all different channels, maybe that
> > "sdptool browse" (or "sdptool records") will just give the proper
> > channel to use directly.

I suggested sdptool browse earlier, but didn't really know the
difference between browse and records.

> sdptool browse didn't work:
> [rick at localhost ~]$ sdptool -i hci0 browse 00:13:43:0E:6B:D0
> Browsing 00:13:43:0E:6B:D0 ...
> [rick at localhost ~]$
>
> But sdptool records tells us exactly what we need:
> [rick at localhost ~]$ sdptool -i hci0 records 00:13:43:0E:6B:D0
> Service Name: Serial Port
> Service RecHandle: 0x10000
> Service Class ID List:
>  "Serial Port" (0x1101)
> Protocol Descriptor List:
>  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
>  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
>    Channel: 5
>
> I should be able to draft up a faq section for comment  this afternoon
> or this evening Australian time.
>
> It would be good if we could see what the output from sdptool record
> is for other people.  It would be good to test this on many different
> devices and systems as possible.
>
> Channel 5 is correct for my Petrel 2
>
> Benjamin, channel 5 works for you too - is that with a Petrel 1 or 2?
>
> Anton, can you test with your OSTC sport?  I'm guessing you need channel 0.

$ sdptool browse 00:11:22:33:44:55
Browsing 00:11:22:33:44:55 ...
$ sdptool records 00:11:22:33:44:55
Service Name: SPP Dev
Service RecHandle: 0x10000
Service Class ID List:
  "Serial Port" (0x1101)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
  code_ISO639: 0x656e
  encoding:    0x6a
  base_offset: 0x100

And the rfcomm man page says:
"If no channel is specified, it will use the channel number 1."

A wild guess is that HW uses the same bluetooth chip in all their
products. I have no access to any other bt dc's.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604