Dive Site Management location wierdness

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed May 27 06:08:25 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:11:27AM +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:
> Hi. I've played around with the new dive site management thingie and
> noted one oddity.
>
> I'd added a dive site but i miss spelled the name of the wreck, so i
> just changed the name in the location field. That just changed the name
> for that dive, and created a new dive site without a location, leaving
> the old miss spelled name with its location.
>
> I think thats kinda odd ux. Ok if you would like to switch to another
> dive site that would be a nice thing, but just creating another site
> is kinda different from the previous behavior we had.
>

> How do we actually would like that connection to work?

Interesting question.

So this should happen in the manage dive site screen, I think.
And there editing the name should be possible.

Now there are a few issues with the implementation right now.

- the first time you go to manage the fields aren't populated
- once you get the fields to populate you can edit the name, but that
  clearly causes some uninitialized memory to be read and its value be
  added as new name

But ignoring those it seems that I can edit the name of a site.

So let's fix the bugs and then figure out if that's the flow we want.