Subsurface ans Dropbox

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed May 27 09:03:37 PDT 2015

On 27/05/2015 17:26, Edi Anderson wrote:
> Hi everybody, Tomas and i talked about the Subsurface and he suggested
> include the possibility of perform download and upload of files in
> dropbox. I will start today, some suggestion?.

It is so easy already, just drag the .xm dive log file into the dropbox
folder. I do that regularly. What might pehaps be useful is a slightly
more complicated facility that does auto-backup of the xml dive log onto
dropbox, given a user-specified interval between backups. There are some
security issues that would need to be thought through, though. It
rudimentary to write a bash/rsync script to do exactly this if one
already runs the dropbox application but it may be nice to have it built-in.
Kind regards,
willem