Subsurface ans Dropbox

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed May 27 09:48:21 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 06:22:32PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> A little OT
>
> What is the git integration that sometimes people here talk about?
> How it (should) works exactly?

You can store your dive data locally into a git repository.
Assume you have an existing directory c:\mydives
If you then tell Subsurface to store your dive data as
c:\mydives[davide]
it will create a git repository in that folder that holds your dives. This
allows wonderful things like unlimited roll back of changes, easy sharing
between computers, easy way to look at what changed when you save, etc.

What I really want is to enable remote repositories. But we never manage
to implement that :-(