storing to git data files [was Re: Subsurface ans Dropbox]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu May 28 08:12:32 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 08:09:25AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 04:37:19PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

> > The full path is “/Users/Joakim/Documents/Subsurface"
>
> No utf-8 to be found.
>
> > > Joakim: does it work for you if you just revert commit b770d0a6b71c
> > > ("git-access: use the new format_string helpers”)
> > Still get the same error message: Invalid branch name ‘[joaki’
> > The error message is a bit cryptic, the “m” is missing but the left hand bracket is included.
>
> Something broke the parsing. That's a off by one error (I assume your
> branch is supposed to be named "joakim").
>
> I'll stare at the code some more.

Should have stared first, written email later.

Do you have a '/' before the [joakim] by any chance?
Can you try it without that slash?

i.e., /Users/Joakim/Documents/Subsurface[joakim]
instead of /Users/Joakim/Documents/Subsurface/[joakim]

I can see that the code is wrong in that case - I'll push a fix in a
minute.