storing to git data files [was Re: Subsurface ans Dropbox]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu May 28 09:20:12 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 06:15:30PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

> >> I can see that the code is wrong in that case - I'll push a fix in a
> >> minute.
> > That solved that issue, now I get a bunch of “file 01-Divesites/Site-HASH does not match in working tree”
> As a result of the branch already existing.
> Saving it with a non existing branch name works fine.

So you cannot use an existing git repository that holds your XML file or
anything else. It needs to be a repository/branch exclusively used by
Subsurface. Or did I misunderstand your comment?

> Still can’t create a new git repository from scratch, must manually run "git init” in the target directory.

Yes, I noticed the same. I thought we did the init at some point.
Linus, did that change?

> Or open the the newly created repository.

Not sure what you mean here.

In the meantime I pushed a commit that allows us to use libgit2 master to
build - that seems to have added more support for ssh credentials for
remote repositories.