making remote git storage work [was Re: Subsurface ans Dropbox]

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Fri May 29 00:13:44 PDT 2015

A little feedback:

Advanced mode - I'd most likely use this. I think this is quite important,
and opens up the possibility or using Github, Bitbucket, or privately
hosted git repos.

You keep saying "PIN". Could that actually be any passphrase? i.e. why
limit it to numbers, or limit the length? I'd typically use a random string
generated by Lastpass.

How about https with auth? I know it's not intended for use in a corporate
environment, but some people could have trouble with SSH through firewalls.
Also, wouldn't this be a simpler option than downloading and decrypting
keys (which seems to somewhat defeat the purpose of using PKI in the first
place, as it has essentially become username/password auth).

Otherwise this sounds excellent.