AppImage & BT with OSTC Sport

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Nov 3 01:19:34 PST 2015

On 01 November, 2015 - Miika Turkia wrote:

> Good news and bad news :D
>
> Bluetooth connection works when using the latest AppImage (4.5.1.6).
> Downloading dives worked fine from OSTC Sport, reading the device
> settings seemed to work ok and I was able to change the settings.
>
> However, the custom text gets corrupted in the process of reading and
> saving the settings. I also got a notification about newer firmware
> available. The uploading of the firmware to the device seemed to work
> OK, but validation of the image failed. Thus the update was not
> successful.. This problem does not seem to be related to the AppImage
> as I have the same problems when using self built Subsurface, or the
> official Launchpad version for Ubuntu.

The communication pattern of firmware upgrades and settings are a bit
different, and there might be problems related to that.

I can't verify that at the moment, but could you re-test it with serial
emulation just to verify that the basics works as expected?

There also bin some bugfixes to the BT comm in the OSTC devices, so
could you try to upgrade the fw via serial emulation and re-test it?

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604