Building from scratch on a MAC (El Captain)

Guido Lerch guido.lerch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:45:57 PST 2015

Hi All,

It seems the build script doesn't work on El Captain.
Here is what I did to make subsurface build.
- ran build.shh
- brew libssh2 - I found errors about libssh2 in the build

Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the
system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing:  OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)

Could NOT find Libgcrypt (missing:  LIBGCRYPT_LIBRARY
LIBGCRYPT_INCLUDE_DIR)

CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:150 (message):

  No suitable cryptography backend found.m
- fixed all missing foders using ccmake
- ran cmake - got error that building within the subsurface source tree
isn't recommended but the build folder is actually user/src/subsurface/build
- ran make -j4
- ran make install
works (my version  [image: Inline-Bild 1])

Any idea about the errors I have seen when running build.sh ?

--
Best regards,
Guido