Start-up parameters locations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 3 07:24:24 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 02:47:23PM +0000, John Smith wrote:

> >  but the user folder can
> > contain the default dive log file and any modified printing templates,
> > which if lost will make the user mildly annoyed.
> >
> > if voted upon, i can send a patch.
>
> I realise that, but if you recall you suggested having tick boxes allowing a basic uninstall or various higher levels.

Yes, that was the conclusion and that's why I asked to delay this until
after 4.5 was out.

I was thinking we should offer something like this:

- basic uninstall: remove the installed binaries, don't touch anything else
- uninstall and clear registry (with apropriate warning)
- uninstall, clear registry, remove Subsurface data forlders (with warning
  that this could be removing the user's data file)

This could be done with check boxes in the uninstaller. At least for the
third one I'd prefer if we had an additional confirmation dialog.

Does this sound reasonable, Lubomir?