Nightly Subsurface AppImage for most Linux distributions

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 3 14:01:33 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 02:54:57AM +0100, probono wrote:

> > So I cannot build a working AppImage on either 14.04 or a schroot 12.04.
>
> I successfully built an AppImage on my local machine using proot 12.04.4
> https://gist.github.com/probonopd/71f86c865723353b77bf
>
> > Your AppImage works fine on several systems I tried it on, mine don't even
> > start up. And I'm struggling a bit figuring out how to debug things.
>
> Can you please upload your AppImage somewhere in case the problem persists?

So here's my latest image, built just a few minutes ago from the latest
master in a 12.04 chroot on a 14.04 server.

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage

When trying to run it on my Arch Linux system all I get is:

Error: Error executing 'subsurface'

Trying to run it under strace this changes to

fusermount: mount failed: Operation not permitted
open dir error: : No such file or directory

The first one is this:

56904 mount("/dev/fuse", ".", "fuse", MS_RDONLY|MS_NOSUID|MS_NODEV, "fd=6,rootmode=40000,user_id=1000"...) = -1 EPERM (Operation not permitted)

the second one:

56901 open("/tmp/.mount_Ycobzl", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Your AppImage works on the same system.