AppImage for testing

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 5 01:40:22 PST 2015

On 05-11-15 00:45, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> If you are on ANY flavor of x86-64 Linux (Fedora, Debian, Centos,
> PCLinuxOS, Gentoo, Arch, OpenSUSE, whatever)... please test the AppImage
> that I just posted:
>
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage
I ran the AppImage on an Arch Linux machine (with KDE Plasma 5 Desktop).

On startup, I see the following output on the command line:

./Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage: /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no
version information available (required by ./lib/libcurl.so.4)
./Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage: /usr/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no
version information available (required by ./lib/libcurl.so.4)
static QPlatformTheme* QKdeTheme::createKdeTheme(): Unable to determine
KDE dirs
can't find Qt localization for locale "nl" searching in
"/work/build/______________________________PADDING______________________________/translations"
Plugins Directory:  QDir( "/tmp/.mount_S1HJPY/usr/bin" , nameFilters = {
"*" },  QDir::SortFlags( Name | IgnoreCase ) , QDir::Filters(
Dirs|Files|Drives|AllEntries ) )
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
such file or directory

On "Open logbook from cloud" I see an addional:

"https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/jlmulder@xs4all.nl[jlmulder@xs4all.nl]"
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method

The "can't find Qt localization for locale "nl"" is logical, as it is
not installed on my machine.

Despite some suspicious output as listed above, the AppImage runs just
fine. I checked the following:
- open logbook (local git style storage, no xml)
- open logbook from cloud
- import dives from OSTC3 (USB style, no BT)
- update firmware OSTC3
- filled in the just imported dives (buddies, notes, etc)
- saved local
- save to cloud
- and some random clicking around

All working.