AppImage for testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Nov 5 06:18:28 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 08:19:42AM +0100, probono wrote:
> > If you are on ANY flavor of x86-64 Linux (Fedora, Debian, Centos,
> > PCLinuxOS, Gentoo, Arch, OpenSUSE, whatever)... please test the AppImage
> > that I just posted:
> >
> > http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage
>
> Great to see an upstream AppImage.
>
> Couple of observations:
> * On ubuntu-12.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso this crashes with a Segmentation
> fault, whereas the one from
> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImages/releases works. Looks like
> libdrm.so.2 of the bundled libraries is the reason, as when I delete
> it or exchange it with the one from my build, then I do not get the
> Segmentation fault,.

So if you are able to delete it... does that mean it isn't needed in the
AppImage? Or is this a case where we need it on some but not on other
target platforms?

I'm not even sure what pulls libdrm.so into the AppImage - it's not
something we use directly.

> * libdivecomputer and liblzma seem to be missing

llibdivecomputer is linked statically, so we don't need the .so
I'll need to look into liblzma

> * Should we run subsurface.debug?

I removed subsurface.debug from the AppImage for simplicity (as I have
removed the other binaries). I thought that was included in my last pull
request to you...