i386 Subsurface AppImage

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:09:37 PST 2015

hello,

On 5 November 2015 at 20:43, probono <probono at puredarwin.org> wrote:
> Trying to build in an i386 schroot using
> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImages/blob/multiarch/recipes/subsurface.sh
> but keep getting "Unsupported architecture".
>
> I am almost certain I am doing something stupid but cannot spot it.

<snip>

>   Unsupported architecture
>
> If you can spot the mistake, please let me know. Thanks.

sudo apt-get -y install <snip> ...
    libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libzip-dev libsqlite3-dev ...

those development packages might be 64bit or whatever the distribution supplies.
linking a 32bit executable to a 64bit shared library is *probably* not
going to work, which means that you have to rebuild all libraries if i
envision this correctly.

one could try installing:
sudo-apt get install gcc-multilib libc6-i386 lib6-dev-i386

but don't trust me on the exact package names as i googled them.

a 64bit GCC does have the -m32 flag to create a 32bit binary, but i
don't see the point of making such a build because most Linux distros
are 64bit and they don't have something like WoW64 on Win32 enabled by
default, TMK.
WoW64 is that compat. layer what makes the 32bit binary package of
Subsurface work on Windows 64bit.

lubomir