Subsurface ApplImage

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Nov 6 09:36:28 PST 2015

On 06/11/2015 07:03, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Dive import from Galileo Sol. Apparently ok.
>> ISSUE: Dive import from Shearwater: Checkbox for Bluetooth is not shown in
>> the import panel, so cannot import via Bluetooth.
> So this seems to imply that I built without BT (and I'm fairly sure I
> didn't) or that the BT initialization fails. Was there anything useful on
> the console? Have you tried running with '-v' (I can't remember right now
> if we give more detailed debug messages with -v...)
This also happens using V4.5.1-100 natively-built.
So it's a problem either in master or with my configuration.
> Dive planner:
> ISSUE: Dive planner: Small issue: when Gradient factors are changed, the
> profile immediately adapts but the texy at the top op the profile is not
> updated.
>                For instance if one changes:  45/55 to 45/75. then the text
> remains at 45/55.
> Does the same thing work with the natively built binary?
Yup, so it's a problem on master.
>>                As far as I can see rest of planner ok.
>> ISSUE: When returning from planner to dive log, the header for the dive
>> planner is not replaced.
>>                For instance, if last dive plan was for VPM +4, changing back
>> to dive notes keeps VPM+4 on top of profile.
> I think that's a bug in current master, independent of the AppImage.
I can confirm this.
>> Preferences panel:
>> ISSUE: When changing gradient factors in Preferences panel, GF text for dive
>> profile in log is not updated. No message in terminal.
>> ISSUE: Facebook Preferences tab is gone.
> Both are known issues with master and will show up in a native build as
> well.
Again, I can confirm this.
>> FILE dropdown menu
>> Save as -> HTML, see following warnings:
>>     copy of "/media/willem/TOSHIBA EXT/Fotos/Skotland.2015 Okt/Oban
>> diving/darktable_exported/none_01.jpg" to
>> "/home/willem/Desktop/obantest.html_files//photos/none_01.jpg" failed
>>     copy of "/media/willem/TOSHIBA EXT/Fotos/Skotland.2015 Okt/Oban
>> diving/darktable_exported/none.jpg" to
>> "/home/willem/Desktop/obantest.html_files//photos/none.jpg" failed
>>     BUT: images appear to be exported correctly and HTML appears correct.
> That's strange. So the images show up in exactly those paths, but we get
> these warnings?
Yes, all the images appear to be in place where they should be.
>> Save to Cloud:
>> ISSUE:   Appears to happen (showing progress bar) but Subsurface hangs with
>> very high CPU usage imediately afterwards. Have to use OS to force quit.
>> If you can reproduce this (I tried here and as usual this works fairly
>> quickly and without a problem for me), could you attach with a debugger
>> and figure out what Subsurface is doing?
I am inexperienced at this. Have been using Qt builder and Eclipse a lot
in the past,
but since the cmake version of Surface I have not managed to convince Qt
Builder
building Subsurface with cmake. I should make another effort. If you can
give me
specific instructions I will gladly do what is required.

> VIEW dropdown menu: All ok. Did not test next dc/previous dc.
>
> Load images from file
> ISSUE: When loading images, a double-click on a thumbnail does not open a
> full-size view of the image. Terminal messages:
>         QXcbWindow: Unhandled client message: "_GTK_LOAD_ICONTHEMES"
>         QXcbWindow: Unhandled client message: "_GTK_LOAD_ICONTHEMES"
>        (Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:6974): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **:
> g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION
> (connection)' failed
>        (Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:6974): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **:
> g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION
> (connection)' failed
This is an AppImage problem, looks like coordination with other software.
My full-size image viewer with Subsurface is eog. I get the following
errors: (gtk???????? huh?)

(Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:9524): IBUS-WARNING **: Unable to
connect to ibus: Could not connect: No such file or directory
eog: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0:
undefined symbol: g_application_add_option_group
eog: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0:
undefined symbol: g_application_add_option_group

Hope this gives a bit more information?

> /D

Kind regards,
willem