Subsurface ApplImage

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 6 10:09:29 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 07:36:28PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> On 06/11/2015 07:03, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >>Dive import from Galileo Sol. Apparently ok.
> >>ISSUE: Dive import from Shearwater: Checkbox for Bluetooth is not shown in
> >>the import panel, so cannot import via Bluetooth.
> >So this seems to imply that I built without BT (and I'm fairly sure I
> >didn't) or that the BT initialization fails. Was there anything useful on
> >the console? Have you tried running with '-v' (I can't remember right now
> >if we give more detailed debug messages with -v...)
> This also happens using V4.5.1-100 natively-built.
> So it's a problem either in master or with my configuration.

Hmm, so it's once again Bluetooth acting up on us. Such a promising
technology - and so much pain.

> >>FILE dropdown menu
> >>Save as -> HTML, see following warnings:
> >>    copy of "/media/willem/TOSHIBA EXT/Fotos/Skotland.2015 Okt/Oban
> >>diving/darktable_exported/none_01.jpg" to
> >>"/home/willem/Desktop/obantest.html_files//photos/none_01.jpg" failed
> >>    copy of "/media/willem/TOSHIBA EXT/Fotos/Skotland.2015 Okt/Oban
> >>diving/darktable_exported/none.jpg" to
> >>"/home/willem/Desktop/obantest.html_files//photos/none.jpg" failed
> >>    BUT: images appear to be exported correctly and HTML appears correct.
> >That's strange. So the images show up in exactly those paths, but we get
> >these warnings?
> Yes, all the images appear to be in place where they should be.
> >>Save to Cloud:
> >>ISSUE:   Appears to happen (showing progress bar) but Subsurface hangs with
> >>very high CPU usage imediately afterwards. Have to use OS to force quit.
> >>If you can reproduce this (I tried here and as usual this works fairly
> >>quickly and without a problem for me), could you attach with a debugger
> >>and figure out what Subsurface is doing?
> I am inexperienced at this. Have been using Qt builder and Eclipse a lot in
> the past,
> but since the cmake version of Surface I have not managed to convince Qt
> Builder
> building Subsurface with cmake. I should make another effort. If you can
> give me
> specific instructions I will gladly do what is required.

This should be relatively straight forward.

In QtCreator open the CMakeLists.txt file in the main directory.

It will give you a dialog that asks to run CMake

The go to the Projects tab of QtCreator and adjust you build directory (so
you don't have two builds and confuse yourself).

Now you should be good to go.

> >Load images from file
> >ISSUE: When loading images, a double-click on a thumbnail does not open a
> >full-size view of the image. Terminal messages:
> >        QXcbWindow: Unhandled client message: "_GTK_LOAD_ICONTHEMES"
> >        QXcbWindow: Unhandled client message: "_GTK_LOAD_ICONTHEMES"
> >       (Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:6974): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **:
> >g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION
> >(connection)' failed
> >       (Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:6974): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **:
> >g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION
> >(connection)' failed
> This is an AppImage problem, looks like coordination with other software.
> My full-size image viewer with Subsurface is eog. I get the following
> errors: (gtk???????? huh?)
>
> (Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:9524): IBUS-WARNING **: Unable to
> connect to ibus: Could not connect: No such file or directory
> eog: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0: undefined
> symbol: g_application_add_option_group
> eog: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0: undefined
> symbol: g_application_add_option_group
>
> Hope this gives a bit more information?

Frankly, this still confuses me.