Subsurface ApplImage

probono probono at puredarwin.org
Sat Nov 7 14:39:31 PST 2015

> On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 08:48:32PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> Adding locality for imported dives through notes panel: ok
>> HOWEVER, terminal message:
>>   qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
>>   qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
>
> Those are normal. Qt tries to dynamically load some functions and can't
> find them. I find this a bit disconcerting but it appears to do that and
> still appears to work. I get these on Mac and ArchLinux with native builds
> as well.

According to https://forum.qt.io/topic/16139/solved-qsslsocket-error-sslv2/2,
"SSLv2 is broken, so some linux distributions configure it out of
openssl 1.0.0 builds. You can use QSsl::SecureProtocols to enable the
SSL versions which are considered secure as of the Qt release. If the
web server is configured to use SSLv2, it may need a security
upgrade."

So, can we use QSsl::SecureProtocols as described on
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qssl.html and will that remove the error
message?

>> Load images from file
>> ISSUE: When loading images, a double-click on a thumbnail does not open a
>> full-size view of the image. Terminal messages:
>>        QXcbWindow: Unhandled client message: "_GTK_LOAD_ICONTHEMES"
>>        QXcbWindow: Unhandled client message: "_GTK_LOAD_ICONTHEMES"
>>       (Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:6974): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **:
>> g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION
>> (connection)' failed
>>       (Subsurface_4.5.1.78_x86_64.AppImage:6974): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **:
>> g_dbus_connection_register_object: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION
>> (connection)' failed
>
> Probono - we use Qt to open the files. It looks like that message doesn't
> get passed on to the OS correctly. Any idea?

Not yet...