[PATH] fix broken mac build on old clangs.

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:10:15 PST 2015

On 9 November 2015 at 23:47, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:
> On Monday 09 November 2015 19:33:55 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2015-July/022219.html
>
>> > thiago's

>> > links? is it in that same thread?
>
> That's a link to an email from Simon. I can't find my own answer, but it's in
> the same thread.

i quickly skipped through the discussion and their video presentation
and they do seem to use things that are quite new like constexpr.
i do hear other hacks in that video though, without a doubt.

also, some very valid points about moc.

> My argument was that there's a difference in philosophy. CopperSpice is trying
> to push the envelope of what can be done with C++11, at the cost of leaving a
> lot of compilers and users behind. In fact, their source code cannot be
> compiled even with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, the latest version. And it's
> entirely source-incompatible with the existing codebase, so it's a pain for
> people to migrate.

constexpr specifically seems to have landed in msvc 2015 RTM.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2015/06/02/constexpr-complete-for-vs-2015-rtm-c-11-compiler-c-17-stl.aspx

no idea what other features they need, but i trust you that it simply
doesn't work with the latest msvc as Microsoft have never cared much
about C/C++ standards.

> Qt is a lot more conservative. Even the C++11 change I've been talking about
> here isn't wholesale. We will require a subset of the C++11 core language
> features and almost none of the C++11 Standard Library features, corresponding
> to the intersection of the GCC 4.7, Clang 3.3 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
> support.
>
> Which is equivalent to the VS2012 support. Thanks Microsoft.

i'm able to implement primitive functors with C++98 and the only
reflection that i ever need in C++ is typeid(), so all these new
features make me very confused as i don't need them.

 again, the saddest part of course is - open source software
fragmentation - i.e. a new library that forks a library because they
think they could do better.

lubomir