Subsurface website banner

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Nov 11 08:52:52 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 05:39:21PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> Attached is an idea to put a static image banner at the top of the
> Subsurface website page. Would this be useful at all? My feeling is that a
> tiny more colour in the banner would make the whole front page of the web
> site significantly more attractive. My daughter is an artist and her advice
> is:
> Simple static image with far-off shot of diver in pretty clear water. Diver
> swims towards the Subsurface text. No focus on fish or other environmental
> aspects are emphasised, although a more subtle concept of the environment
> should be evident.
> Any comment?

I was waiting to see if anyone else would respond...

I respect the suggestions your daughter made. But I'm not sure I'm ready
to agree unless there is an overwhelming response here. To be honest with
you, the very basic website that we currently have has kinda grown on me.
And of course, being the person who designed it I am entirely objective in
this... :-)

Seriously, what do others think?