Scubapro/Uwatec Smartrak .slg files importing tool

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Nov 11 08:57:33 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 11:34:49PM +0100, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> Good evening.
>
> It's been a bit long since, back in March, we commented about  adding to
> Subsurface an importer tool for divelog files coming from SmartTrak
> software. Then Dirk suggested a standalone tool, to avoid increasing the
> library dependencies of the main binary (because of the dependency on
> libmdb and glib-2.0).
> http://lists.subsurface-divelog.org/pipermail/subsurface/2015-March/018445.html

Yep.

> This was ready just before 4.5.0 but I preferred to wait  until things
> calmed down a bit.
> Building gives two compiler warnings related to MAX and MIN macros defined
> in Subsurface (also defined in glib-2.0).
>
> CLI is pretty crude and it can, for sure, be improved easily.  GUI has been
> my first time with QT  so it can be a pain for your eyes, but simply works.
>
> Please take a look on it, and, perhaps, a caritative soul could try to
> cross-compile a Win version I could play a bit with.
> I'm absolutely unable to build a win version of Subsurface, so I haven't
> added code to CMakeLists.txt as I can't try it, although doesn't  look too
> difficult.

So the reason why I said back then I wanted this as separate tool was to
not increase the dependencies for Subsurface. If I now add this to the
Subsurface sources and build it I will pretty much do the same thing.

So I need to think about how I want to do this. I of course appreciate the
initiative, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to figure out how to make
this work.