Subsurface website banner

K. "pestophagous" Heller pestophagous at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:12:45 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 05:39:21PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> Attached is an idea to put a static image banner at the top of the
>> Subsurface website page. Would this be useful at all? My feeling is that a
>> tiny more colour in the banner would make the whole front page of the web
>> site significantly more attractive.

> I was waiting to see if anyone else would respond...
>
> I respect the suggestions your daughter made. But I'm not sure I'm ready
> to agree unless there is an overwhelming response here. To be honest with
> you, the very basic website that we currently have has kinda grown on me.
> And of course, being the person who designed it I am entirely objective in
> this... :-)
>
> Seriously, what do others think?
>
> /D

Maybe it would stimulate more opinions if people took a look back at
the prior design:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150909075958/http://subsurface-divelog.org/news/

The new layout is cleaner, flows better, and i do like the
slideshow/flipbook thing.

When i first saw the new look, however, i did immediately think "oh
nooo... where is the beloved blue?" I do miss the blue tint. Maybe the
old branding looked too 1990s (or something), but the new site looks
attractive yet "unbranded."

--K Heller

P.S. it has been established on many occasions that i have odd taste.
my art sensibilities never line up with any majority. so take all of
my opinions on visual matters with a grain of salt.