"one dive" printout - not correct HTML interpretion for dive from planner

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 13:39:49 PST 2015

Stefan,

On 15 November 2015 at 04:23, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 November 2015 at 14:34, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > again a item where I would like to ask you for improvement:
> > When adding a dive with the planner, the planner puts the runtime and
> > additional info into the notes with some nice HTML formating.
> >
> > When I try to export or print this, the HTML is not interpreted any more
> and
> > the notes are impossible to read. Example attached.
> >
> > Subsurface 4.5.2
> > Windows 10 Home, Version 1511 ;-)
> > German language

Thanks for testing and sharing your feedback.

> actually the image you provided shows that the HTML tags are not
> converted to plain text, which is a bug.
> but i cannot reproduce it with English or German languages (see
> attachment).
>
> that's odd...
>
> The commit that strips the HTML tags from the text on printing was
97e53649fd140afa5bb721d87063b7808d8da44f (
http://git.subsurface-divelog.org/index.cgi?p=subsurface.git;a=commitdiff;h=97e53649fd140afa5bb721d87063b7808d8da44f),
and doesn't look like it made it into the latest stable (4.5.2) release,
which Stefan is using.

Using the latest daily, I tried to recreate your planned dive (VPMB +3,
altitude 400m, salinity 1.03 kg/l, 9m/min descent, ascent rates of 9m/min,
3m/min, 3m/min and 1m/min, min 5min gas change), and attached the output.
You can see that the HTML formatting codes have been removed.
Unfortunately, so have the table line breaks, so the output is far from
ideal.

I'm guessing Lake Konstanz is freshwater.  If you're setting you dive
computer / gauge to freshwater, I suggest planning dives for freshwater
too, by changing salinity to 1.00 kg/l.  This will make your plan 3 min
shorter.  It's ok to you leave your computer set on saltwater if you plan
your dives for saltwater.

There are daily (term used loosely) builds tracking the current development
(master) branch.  If you want to test them, be warned they are designed for
testing and development, which means they may ruin your dive log (make a
backup first), crash, etc.  If you're still interested, you can download
the latest daily from https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/.  The
latest windows build is 4.5.2-212.  Please report the bugs you come across.

Enjoy your dive,

Rick