AppImage for testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Nov 15 22:34:46 PST 2015

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 10:38:44PM +0100, probono wrote:
> By using CentOS 6.7 as the build system and using Qt from REPEL, the
> AppImage can now run on more systems, including debian oldstable.

After some false starts (which were mostly my own fault - Simon is doing a
wonderful job with all this) I was able to build a new daily AppImage on
CentOS 6.7

So far I'm still just building x86_64 images - I just wonder how much
interest there will be in 64 bit images...

I get a few odd errors when I run this (but it seems to run fine) on a
current ArchLinux:

static QPlatformTheme* QKdeTheme::createKdeTheme(): Unable to determine KDE dirs
libGL error: unable to load driver: vmwgfx_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: vmwgfx
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Anyway, please go ahead and test :-)