cmake rework (not again, still)

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Nov 23 07:07:59 PST 2015

So, a bit of history

Dirk asked me to make subsurface compile in iOS and adding another target
to our cmake would be quite a task in the state that it currently was:

we could:
 - use the desktop version on mobile
- use the mobile on desktop
- use cmake to find some libraries
- use pkg-config to find the same libraries
- a *lot* of boilerplate code on cmake
- build subsurface in source, outsorce

I oversimplified some things and not everybody will be happy, so this is a
call for a little chat, nothing that I did is fixed in stone and I can
revert lots

now, in my desktop I  have around 25 patches that rework the cmake in the
following way:

- desktop version only on desktop
- mobile version only on android (iOS to come)
- need to pass -DSUBSURFACE_TARGET_PLATFORM on compile time, if not passed
it defaults to "Desktop"
- out-of-source-build only

what you guys thinks?