Subsurface app for iOS

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Nov 26 09:25:19 PST 2015

Adding back the mailing list so people see what we are discussing

There are two directions that are quite important right now
a) Tomaz is working on getting Subsurface-mobile built on iOS; this work isn't complete, yet, and until that is finished there isn't much we can do that iOS specific. But I'm sure this will only be a few more days
b) You should look at QML to get a feeling for how this works and how the pieces work together. As experienced iOS developer my hope is that you can help us make sure that our app is reasonably iOS compliant, i.e. it feels and acts like an iOS app (and gets approved for the iTunes store). If you want something specific to work on (so instead of randomly dabbling around with QML you'll have something to contribute), here are two really simple extensions of the UI (you can play with it on your desktop - it builds fine on Linux and Mac):
(1) once a user enters their cloud credentials, change the first button on the start screen from "enter cloud credentials" to "view dive list"
(2) on the dive list view, add a way to get back to the start screen

Makes sense?

/D