[mobile ui] navigation rework

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Nov 29 18:44:00 PST 2015

On Sunday, November 29, 2015 13:30:19 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >> - more complete set of components we're using throughout our ui -- the
> >> work on that is now shared with Plasma
> >> - The various GPS options have moved into their own submenu, it's a lot
> >> easier to scan this way
> >
> > I don't see this. The menu looks the same to me?
>
> Oh cool, I think I figured it out. When I pull that black square to the
> right I get a very nice looking drawer on the left that has the new menu
> which has GPS indeed in a sub menu. This looks very very promising!
>
> Thanks Sebastian. I'll push this in a minute and create daily Android apk's

Yes, exactly. The idea is that you can use this drawer (either through the
button you've found, or by dragging in from the left edge and get at the
global app menu. It's beautiful and inviting and offers quick access to all
kinds of "pages" inside the app, and some quick access stuff (see the checkbox
for the gps service in the latest state).

You can navigate back by swiping back to the dive list now. We can still make
the dive details also scroll between the dives, although in my testing, this
swiping back and selecting the next or previous dives worked pretty smoothly.
I'm unsure about this right now.

In the last round of patches, I'm removing the top-right menu, since it's now
quite out of place, and everything has a more logical place in the general flow
of the ui. This also means that the top bar could get a bit smaller (I think
it still has some mysterious raison-d'etre), but it now doesn't have to be the
suitable high for an easy to hit fat-finger-target. Also, Android has a back
button by default everywhere, so we don't need to provide our own.

Take it for a ride, I'm sure there are a bunch of glitches that we haven't
spotted, feedback is most welcome.

Cheers,
--
sebas