[mobile ui] navigation rework

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Nov 30 06:50:16 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:33:51PM +1100, Rick Walsh wrote:

> I took the bait, and installed the latest apk (4.5.2.315) from the daily
> download page on my Galaxy S6 and had a play.  It really is looking great.
>
> I did come across a few bugs you may or may not be aware of yet:
>
> When loading dives from the cloud file, existing dives are duplicated in
> the dive list (see attached screenshot), but after closing the app and
> re-opening, the list is as it should be.

I had this with an earlier version and thought that I fixed it.
I'll definitely look into that today.

> I managed to crash the app by:
> (1) selecting a dive that didn't already have 'suit' data
> (2) tapping on the 'suit' entry to go into edit mode
> (3) hitting back to exit edit mode (without adding anything)
> (4) hitting back to return to dive list
> (5) selecting another dive in the list
> (6) crash
>
> The drawer (is that what it's called?) button at the base of the screen is
> shown as a black square over a circle - see screenshot.

That's so weird. That's what happened for me in .293 where the art work
for the icon was missing, but on my Nexus 6p the icon is shown. I wonder
why the same APK would behave differently on something so fundamental
between different phones...

> The GPS entry in the menu on the left of screen (when displayed) also has a
> black square, where presumably an icon should be.

Where exactly?

> I didn't test manually adding a dive or the location service.

Manually adding a dive is definitely broken. Don't bother testing at this
point. The location service would be interesting to get more testing for.
I've been playing with it a little bit and it seems to work as designed,
but driving around in a car isn't the same as actually using it.

Is there any Subsurface team member who is going on a dive trip, soon? :-)