Current 4.5 plans

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 1 04:48:17 PDT 2015

So we aren't really getting a lot of new issues reported for 4.5
and my logs show fewer than a hundred people have tried Beta 2.

My thinking is that I'll do Beta 3 this weekend, mostly just to get all
things built and at least the installers tested, etc. And then release 4.5
next week knowing full well that this is when actual testing will begin
and planning for a 4.5.1 after users find all the bugs we provided for
their entertainment (and we fixed them).

So if you haven't started testing, yet, or if you know of an issue that
you really want to be fixed BEFORE 4.5 goes out, please point it out
now...

Tomaz, I sent you the screen video of the odd bug that I found with
location completion and the globe going to a completely bogus place, it
would be nice to have this fixed, but it really isn't critical.

Oh, and based on some discussion with Linus and some issues I had with
that function myself lately, I'll change the behavior of the globe when
called with no GPS coordinates. It simply won't move at all insteaf of
zooming out. If anyone has super strong feelings about this, please let me
know. Willem, I haven't checked if this is something that you mention in
the user manual, either.

Thanks