Almost Beta 2 Cloud Storage fails

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:18:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 22 September 2015 at 06:48, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Sorry, on my phone. You clearly do have connectivity issues with the cloud
> server which is actually an AWS instance.
>
> Hmmm
>
> That's annoying. I went with a cloud server because i assumed that would
> cause the fewest connectivity issues. Clearly wrong.

/D

> Cloud storage failing on Fedora on my laptop still has me confused.  But
running latest master (cbf02ac) with -v -v, I get the messages that might
provide some clue.

git storage: accessing
https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/rickmwalsh@gmail.com
git storage: update local repo
sync with remote
https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/rickmwalsh@gmail.com[rickmwalsh@gmail.com]
delete proxy setting
Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
QIODevice::read (QNetworkReplyHttpImpl): device not open
Cloud storage: unable to connect to cloud server
git storage: do git save

Googling the error message 'QIODevice::read (QNetworkReplyHttpImpl): device
not open' took me to this bug report
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47654
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/123574/

To be honest, I have no idea what it means, but it's the same error
message.  It says a fix has been applied for qt 5.5.1, but that isn't in
the Fedora repositories, and I'm not in the mood for building qt myself.
Does anyone think it looks related, and the fix might work?  Even better,
could there be a workaround using qt 5.5.0 (or lower).

Cheers,

Rick