Current 4.5 plans

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 2 13:35:34 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 11:01:47PM +0300, Guido Lerch wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
> I am still in Egypt and can't do a lot of testing despite confirming that I found no issues with the uemis downloads and that Linus' patch for the SAC and environment details work nicely.
>
> What I noted is that when one selects multiple dives and changes any of the meta data such as weight, buddy, etc. not always all dives that are selected get updated.
> Unfortunately I cannot do more testing to find the root or provide screen shots before next week.

I can explain it to you. It's genius :-)
When you select multiple dives the last one that was selected is shown as
"representative" dive. As you make changes to that dive, all other
selected dives that had the same value for whatever it is that you are
changing will receive the change. Dives that had different values, won't.

> Also I reported an issue with printing where I get a huge list of print templates from which it is not obvious on what to select.

That's usually the case because you had installed an older version of
Subsurface installed. Clean your install directory, re-install and you
should only see the "official" templates.

> Also when printing it does not print the selected dives, it tries to print always all and on the paper is nothing.

That is a new one. Well, actually, it depends. If you are using one of the
new templates, then this is something we need to investigate. We have seen
very odd effects when using some fairly old templates with the latest
binaries. I can't quite explain what's going on there.

> Not sure if this is just for me or if someone else had similar issues.
>
> I have time to test the release for sure over then next weeks.

It's interesting that you are on a dive trip and can't really test. For me
the dive trips are the time where Subsurface gets the most testing because
I use it several times a day with new live data :-)