Marble problem (was Coordinates and dive mapping)

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 03:15:22 PDT 2015

Hi Willem,

On 3 October 2015 at 07:22, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
> wrote:

> |   I'd say so - assuming you are building in ~*/src/*...
> |

> Yes, I build in ~/src/
>
> willem~ cd src
> willem~/src$ ls
> build.log  grantlee  install-root  libdivecomputer  libgit2  marble-source  subsurface
> willem~/src$
>
> Any other ideas to understand what causes marble panel to be black?
>
> I've had a similar issue with a clean build, using build.sh and running
from the build dir.  The problem is that it can't find the file
googlesat.dgml.  It *should* be in
build/marble/data/earth/googlesat/googlesat.dgml, but it isn't.  For some
reason, the marbledata directory isn't being copied into the build dir by
the make scripts.

As a workaround, I've copied the marbledata directory into the build
directory, and the globe is displaying fine now.  It should be fixed
properly but I don't know how.

Cheers,

Rick