Translations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Oct 4 08:52:19 PDT 2015

Hello dear translators.

I am amazed how many languages are nearly complete (apparently 99% is now
complete - I have not been able to find out what the one non-existand
string is). Of the top 12 languages in use (from what I can tell tracking
the checkins with my server) we have seven in excellent shape and five
more that need a little more work.

Russian is almost there, Polish, Swedish, and Dutch are missing between
170 and 250 strings, Chinese is missing 290 strings.

ALL of the languages have received a new string that I just pushed (sorry
I didn't do this earlier - this is for splitting dives that was
implemented in the last two days in order to make things more useful for
free divers).

As I'm about to release Beta 3 I'm declaring a string freeze. I'm going to
try hard not to add any more strings before the 4.5 release (but I'll
admit that my track record with keeping string freezes is not all that
stellar). But I will send out updates if I really have to reneg on this
promise.

I was hoping to release 4.5 fairly soon, maybe as early as Wednesday as
response to Beta 2 has been almost non-existant and I don't see much value
in dragging my feet much longer. If this is really hard for any
translators, please drop me note and we can talk about what would work for
you.

Everyone, if you are native or fluent in a language other than American
English, please run Subsurface in the apropriate localization and please
help us complete these translations. There are quite a few more
translations that are in decent shape and wouldn't take a lot of work to
be complete. Romanian, Bulgarian, Swiss German, Czech, Estonian...

I know we have quite a few users in Israel but sadly our Hebrew
translation is far from complete so I'm guessing that the number of Hebrew
users that I see is actually under-representing the real user base.

As always, thanks for all the hard work making Subsurface easier to use
for people who aren't as comfortable in English. It's really appreciate by
me and even more so by those users.