Marble problem (was Coordinates and dive mapping)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Oct 4 20:13:07 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 09:22:07AM +1100, Rick Walsh wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> On 5 October 2015 at 09:17, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
> > wrote:
>
> > Rick,
> > Thanks very much.
> >
> > Currently I have
> > /home/willem/src/subsurface/marbledata/maps/earth/googlesat/googlesat.dgml
> >
> > My subsurface directory does not contain a:
> > build/marble/data/earth/googlesat/
> >
> > Do you imply that I should create a directory:
> > /home/willem/src/subsurface/build/marble/data/earth/googlesat   ??
> >
> > Yes, copy the entire marbledata directory from
> /home/willem/src/subsurface/marbledata to
> /home/willem/src/subsurface/build/marbledata

This is the correct answer. Cmake should just do that. I'll try my cmake
skills there... let's hope I don't mess things up :-)

> > Within a wider context I think this motivates to, if possible, do the
> > final of Subsurface installation in usr/share as in the bad old qmake days
> > so that all the files are in a standardised place.

I thought it did that... and I just tried and it does for me.
Make sure you don't have an old CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in your cmake cache.
Just run "ccmake ." in your build directory.
So if you run make install (which we no longer do by default on Linux)
then things should work fine.