Testing beta 3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 5 03:58:48 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 09:11:15PM +1030, Steve wrote:
> Tested 4.5 beta 3 and most things are working well.

Good.

> The patch from Salva regarding the XML element has fixed the dive site notes
> line ending problems that I had reported earlier. Thanks.

Excellent. I'm glad he figured this out.

> Bluetooth from both modes and both OSTC and Shearwater computers now works
> well.
>
> Microsoft has also now officially released the patch for Bluetooth SPP for
> Windows 10.

Woot.

> Cloud storage is a bit hit and miss at the moment.
>
> I am getting the blue bar "Cannot connect to cloud server, working with
> local copy" when opening subsurface sometimes and other times it works ok.
>
> Trying to troubleshoot I can get subsurface to crash every time when started
> from command line with either -v or -v -v.

Oh interesting. I use that rather frequently and it doesn't crash.
Can you try and explain to me how to reproduce these crashes?

So which OS? Cloud server as default set in preferences? Any other
settings needed to reproduce?

> I could get to the web address when I tried:
> https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/stevewilliams@internode.on.net/div
> es.html
>
> Ping and traceroute may or may or may not work depending on your provider?

Yes. I am beginning to regret having put this on an AWS instance - but we
are quickly approaching the point where the amount of cost that goes into
maintaining Subsurface and its infrastructure become a noticeable burdon
to me. Sure, I could use an actual server with a LARGE bandwidth / storage
cap. But there's no way I could do this at a price competitive with AWS...

And I'm not even sure that AWS is at fault because for me it works very
very reliably. It worked great from Bonaire. It works great from the
conference network at LinuxCon in Dublin (which is by definition a
horrible network with lots of dropped packages).

> C:\Users\steve>
>
> Map theme file does not exist: ""
>
> Found 126 GeoNode object LEAKS!
>
> No GeoNode object leak!
>
> cloud URL set as
> "https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/stevewilliams@internode.on.net[st
> evewilliams at internode.on.net]"
>
> git storage: update local repo
>
> sync with remote
> https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/stevewilliams@internode.on.net[ste
> vewilliams at internode.on.net]
>
> delete proxy setting
>
> Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
>
> git storage: fetch remote
>
> git storage: check remote status
>
> git storage: try to update
>
> Found 1273 GeoNode object LEAKS!
>
> Set the current dive site: 849575963
>
> No GeoNode object leak!
>
> cloud URL set as
> "https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/stevewilliams@internode.on.net[st
> evewilliams at internode.on.net]"

So this log looks like you successfully connected, right?